The Pleasant Valley Stake Relief Society is planning “Gathering Pearls”, a mini-conference, on Sat., Feb. 25, 2012, for all Relief Society Sisters. Our purpose is to strengthen ourselves, and ultimately, our families. “Gathering Pearls” will be held at the Stake Center from 9:00-1:00. There will be great presenters and a delicious luncheon. Please put this date on your calendar and plan to attend. Please wear Sunday dress.

We need your input. We are looking for ideas in the following categories that we would like to share with all the sisters in our stake. The ideas are to be simple, inexpensive ways to strengthen our families. Would you please help us out and submit your ideas? Please e-­mail ideas in the following categories to jessicaedwardsslp@gmail.com. You may submit one idea or several.

Categories:

1. Activities for the Sabbath Day

2. Family Home Evening Ideas

3. Ideas for connecting with family– toddlers, teenagers, spouses, grandchildren, adult children, etc.


4. Simple Family Dinners

5. “Time Out For Me” ideas

Thursday, January 12, 2012

"Time Out for Me" Ideas from Katie Kluge

Katie Kluge
Time Out for Me
          I exercise an hour a day.  I make it a priority and have to let other things go sometimes.  I let me children know it’s important to me, and beneficial to them seeing as I’m a happier mommy when I’ve been able to exercise.  I am happier, healthier and have more energy when I make sure I have that time each day.  I also sleep better at night.  Sometimes I use a treadmill, other times a DVD.  I do yoga or some cardio or sometimes weight training.  I occasionally play sports and you’ll often find me doing a circuit:  5 min. on my stairs, 5 min. running around picking up the house, alternating for an hour.  I don’t have/need a gym membership (though I would love to have one) and find that by trying lots of different things I keep it interesting and it isn’t tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment